If you’re in the assisted living or senior care business in Florida, you’ll be interested in this benchmark online presence case study we just completed.
Why The Assisted Living Case Study Is Important
Senior Care in the Sarasota, Florida area is highly competitive, and successful assisted living, nursing home, and home care organizations need to give themselves every opportunity to differentiate themselves from competitors, and/or to grow the value of their brand. Senior care organizations in other areas of the country can also benefit from understanding this case study.
Although online presence is not the only important factor in an organization’s strategy, but more than ever, it’s one of the most critical elements of long term success. It’s a measure of:
- How competitive your business is in attracting new leads
- How trustworthy is your brand – customers will look you up online even if they have been referred by word of mouth or traditional ads
- Your Google star rating and reviews are displayed everywhere, 24/7 online for all who are searching for your services, to see
- A negative or lack of online presence creates uncertainty in a prospect’s mind and encourages them to search for alternatives
- Pride of ownership and employees
- The value of the business – an outstanding online presence is a business asset that drives revenue and profit
Case Study Info and Results:
We sampled 85 senior care organizations in the Sarasota and Bradenton areas in Florida and evaluated their online presence metrics. Taken together, these metrics paint a picture that describes the overall strength of the company’s online presence. We couldn’t find all of this information in all cases, but we have enough to see clearly the average, top 10, and bottom 10 results.
- Company Name and Address
- Year Started
- Website Type
- Site Load Time
- SSL Verified?
- Video On Homepage
- Click To Call on the website?
- Google MY Business Connection
- # Facebook and Twitter Likes and followers
- Other Social Media Connections
- Mobile Optimized Site
- Ranking of Google Maps
- Google My Business Posts and videos
- #Verified Google Reviews
- #Google Bad Reviews
- #Google Good Reviews
- #Reviews gained in the last 30 Days
- Keywords In Homepage
- #Website Backlinks
- Keyword In Title
- #Groupon Offers
- Keyword Location
- Monthly Search Volume
- PPC Google Ads Monthly Budget
- Google Analytics present?
- Google Tag Manager?
- Retargeting Pixels?
- YouTube URL and Subscribers?
- #YouTube Videos and views
- Google Video Search ranking
Here’s an infographic showing a few of the key average metrics for all 85 companies:
From the data averages of the 85 companies, we could see that there is plenty of opportunity for all senior care firms in the area to increase their business and build their brand’s online presence. There were big differences between what the top 10 companies and the bottom 10 are doing for their online presence. Depending on the company’s situation, much of it is simple to improve upon. For example,
- In this sample, there are 19 companies with 5 Google reviews or less, and 30 with less than 10 reviews. They can focus on adding more positive Google reviews.
- Only 7 of the 85 sampled had a verified Google My Business listing – this is a major strategic error on something that’s relatively easy to fix
- A new metric that we’re tracking is a click to text or text-enabled landline. A majority of consumers would prefer to text a business rather than call. Less than half the companies we sampled have this feature.
- The opportunity for effective ad and social media campaigns in this niche is much larger than this data would indicate. This is because ad spend and social media averages in our study were abnormally high because of the presence of some large senior care organizations which skewed the data with large national numbers.
If you would like to have a full report, with all metrics, or to see how the top 10 or bottom ten fared, please contact us – we’d be happy to share the data.
In the coming months, we will be conducting a number of these assessments for different local industries. Let us know if you’d like to have one done for your local niche.
Next Level Local Business is a Sarasota Marketing and Advertising Agency specializing in reputation building, traffic generation, and web copywriting.