If you’re in the home improvement business in Florida, or looking for a home remodeling contractor, you’ll be interested in the case study we just completed to evaluate the online presence of nearby contractors.
Why The Home Remodeling Case Study Is Important
Home remodeling in the Sarasota, Florida area is highly competitive, and successful contractors need to give themselves every opportunity to differentiate themselves from competitors, and/or to grow the value of their brand. Contractors in other areas of the country can also benefit from understanding the case study.
This local industry case study is important for contractors to understand because more than ever, the online presence of any company today is critical to the long term success of the business. It’s a measure of:
- How competitive your business is in attracting new leads
- How trustworthy is your brand – customers will look you up online even if they have been referred by word of mouth or traditional ads
- Your Google star rating and reviews are displayed everywhere, 24/7 online for all who are searching for your services, to see
- A negative or lack of an online presence creates uncertainty in a prospect’s mind and encourages them to search for alternatives
- Pride of ownership and employees
- The value of the business – an outstanding online presence is a business asset that drives revenue and profit
Case Study Info and Results:
We sampled 142 home remodeling businesses in the Sarasota, Bradenton areas in Florida and evaluated their online presence metrics. Taken together, these metrics paint a picture that describes the overall strength of the company’s online presence. We couldn’t find all of this information in all cases, but I believe we got enough to see clearly the average, top 10, and bottom 10 results.
- Company Name and Address
- Year Started
- Website Type
- Site Load Time
- SSL Verified?
- Video On Homepage
- Click To Call on the website?
- Google MY Business Connection
- # Facebook and Twitter Likes and followers
- Other Social Media Connections
- Mobile Optimized Site
- Ranking of Google Maps
- Google My Business Posts and videos
- #Verified Google Reviews
- #Google Bad Reviews
- #Google Good Reviews
- #Reviews gained in the last 30 Days
- Keywords In Homepage
- #Website Backlinks
- Keyword In Title
- #Groupon Offers
- Keyword Location
- Monthly Search Volume
- PPC Google Ads Monthly Budget
- Google Analytics present?
- Google Tag Manager?
- Retargeting Pixels?
- YouTube URL and Subscribers?
- #YouTube Videos and views
- Google Video Search ranking
Here’s an infographic showing a few of the key average metrics for all 142 companies:
From the data averages of the 142 companies, we could see that there is plenty of opportunity for all home remodeling firms in the area to increase their business and build their brand’s online presence. There were big differences between what the top 10 companies and the bottom 10 are doing for their online presence. Depending on the company’s situation, much of it could be simple to improve upon. For example,
- We didn’t find a website for at least 17 of the sampled companies
- 50 of the companies did not have an SSL website verification
- 26 of the sampled companies did not have a verified Google My Business Listing
These businesses are taking unnecessary risks with their future by not implementing some fairly easy fixes.
If you would like to have a full report, with all metrics, or to see how the top 10 or bottom ten fared, please contact us – we’d be happy to share the data.
In the coming months, we will be conducting a number of these assessments for different local industries. Let us know if you’d like to have one done for your local niche.
Next Level Local Business is a Sarasota Marketing and Advertising Agency specializing in reputation building, traffic generation, and web copywriting.